Thursday, March 3, 2011

Introductions!

Alright...so, if you're reading this, it means that you have stumbled somehow onto my blog. Congratulations- you're either going to get a lot of unwanted advice or helpful tips on how to get through high school!
Firstly: choose your classes carefully. Heck, before we even get to that- choose your high school carefully.
Now I know that a lot of people are in districted cities, where every 'region' inside the city has a certain path of school to go through; don't worry- my city's like that now. The only option of changing your path is to either move (for whatever reason) or transferring- and now before you say that you'll never be a transfer student, hold on. Put down the phone, let go of your mouse, read me through.
I myself am a transfer student- I wanted to go through the International Baccalaureate program, but my school district only offered it at another high school. After long deliberation, I transferred: I am now set to get into the IB program (it's 11-12 grade only) next year, and I'm a sophomore.
The only downside (apart from the crushing workload, but more on that later...) is that I left most of my friends back on the usual path. Actually, to be honest, I have three close friends- one is doing IB with me, and the other two are doing AP. So yes, most of my friends ;]

That said: pick your classes carefully.
Do not overload yourself (like I think I might've done), because what with the stress of a new school, worrying about friends, and life in general, you will become very, very, very, very stressed out.

TBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment